Saturday, February 10, 2018

February's Section Minnesota Winter Wonderland QAL


February is here! I hope that you had fun with the Chilly Silly Snowman row.  The fun thing about this quilt is you can choose to do it scrappy or not scrappy, I'm doing a little of both. It's a great project to use up some of your stash.  This month we will work on a block that I have named 'Cozy Cabin'. Imagine, sitting in a nice cozy cabin with the fireplace going.... some chocolate, a good book, maybe a little glass of 'something, something'.... sounds perfect doesn't it. I love spending time at a cabin. It's so peaceful. 

I've added a couple of tone on tone fabrics with the
background blue I have picked out.
Here are all of the pieces and parts cut out for the Cozy Cabin block.
Here I am sewing corner to corner to form the triangle square 2 1/2" blocks
It took me an afternoon to complete this block, from
start to finish.

Trim away the excess and iron...
After you piece the triangle square blocks and rectangle square blocks, lay them out
to form the Cozy Cabin block. Take it slow to sew all of the pieces together
making sure to match up seams as you go. It's important to stay
consistent with your 1/4 inch seam allowance from the start to finish of your quilt.
The squares are all sewn together... I made my cabin
scrappy, but you can choose to make it all in the same brown.
Add the 2 1/2" x 22 1/2" cream/white strip along
the bottom of the block. Iron.
Cozy Cabin
(The snowflakes in the picture represent the cream~
white yo-yo's that will be added later on, I have a thing for yo-yo's!)
Minnesota Winter Wonderland Quilt Layout
 If you blog about it, please email me a link so that I can attach it to the Pinterest Board I have going for the QAL. I hope you have fun with this section of the quilt. It can easily be done in a weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Cozy Cabins! We will work on the next section March 10th. It's not too late to join in on the fun with this QAL. The pattern can be found on the Quilt Doodle Website and also in my Etsy shop. Hope you can join us as we quilt along!

Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere




1 comment:

  1. Valuable information in your blog and I really appreciate your work and keep it up dude I really very informative blog about the Rally Towels well done.
    Custom Rally Towels

    ReplyDelete